Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wishes were falling leaves



I still got your scent on me
Last night you went away
And I know where you were
And there’s nothing I can do
Cause we are both taken
No strings attached but everything connects
My soul to yours

I saw the pain in your eyes
You say you are happy for me
I tell myself I am fine
Then why does my heart feel so heavy?
I kept myself busy
Cos my head knows what to do
But my poor heart can barely
catch up
And time goes by so fast

I just got here and you have to go
But does it matter? This distance and time
When you are soul mates?
Yet it hurts to know you will never be mine
Though you are so mine
Such irony and pain

Tomorrow I walk with my head held high
In someone else’s arms
Maybe I’ll see you crossing a street with yours in tow
And my heart will still pause and give you the once over
And if I see recognition in your eyes
Maybe we could all walk together someday then
In your own words, like a big happy family again

6 comments:

  1. wow....such beautiful lines.....very original i must say....m touched!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    Will share some more then... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going through all your ( poems, writings) and am really amazed how talented you are. Are these lines inspired by true incidents? inbox me please. Some made me feel like crying, some made me laugh and some made me happy. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh by the way now Its Kevi Naleo Mor - you know who it is --share--inbox me

      Delete
  4. Thanks Kevi :)

    Some of them are real old. Some inspired and some from experience.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed them.

    Writing is healing. Keeps me sane.
    :*

    ReplyDelete