Thursday, January 27, 2011

wake up call


I don’t sleep anymore
I don’t have anymore tears left to shed.
I got what I didn’t want and lost all I had.
The terrible irony.
I thought I had it figured out.
Well, you were always too smooth.
How come you didn’t set the alarm bells ringing?
I thought we had it made but now.
Looks like I was the bigger fool.
Or maybe I’ve gotta be thankful,
You didn’t let me make my biggest mistake.
Either way it hurts.
More than I thought ever possible.
They said “Love hurts”. Well now I know better.
Love doesn’t just hurt. It kills.
But I never heeded wise words and now I pay the price.
Some more tears and a load of heartaches later,
I’ll be holding out my heart to someone new.
And maybe I won’t  sleep again.
And maybe he will make me cry again.
But then, life is not worth living.
Without someone to share it with.
How come I didn’t see it coming?
Oh boy you got me blinded.
And now I pay with tears and heartache.
I gave you all of me.
No pride to hold me back.
Yes I gave you the power to hurt me.
And am I bruised and battered?
What a leap you took?
From sharing every little detail to freezing silence.
Just tell me where I went wrong.
We made plans to grow old together.
Silver hairs and golden silence it was to be.
Now all I have are the songs you gave me.
And they’re all such sad songs.
Did I miss my cue?
Or could it be you had it planned all along?

4 comments:

  1. Heart breaking! :'( :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all.
    Alfred Lord Tennyson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felt like that once but am fine now.
    Life goes on and hope to love again.

    And Tennyson was being overly optimistic but then I quite agree with him.

    ReplyDelete