Friday, August 19, 2011

The journey



The silence of the night is deafening. 
We rush into the darkness, twisting and turning.
Inside, it is weird. 
Almost creepy.
The compartment is a mass of snores and sighs.
Dreams spilling out. 


I lie awake.
Lights flicker in the passage.


The train rumbles on, eating up the miles.
Taking me farther from you. 
In space and time.


I fall into myself, lying in a cell; 
Cramped and my movements frozen.
Slightly claustrophobic and jaded.
I hear your fading laughter in my head.


I am losing it all.
If this is forever, my soul is lodged in the wrong place.


I want to be jointed to your ribs, 
And lie beneath you for all eternity.

3 comments:

  1. ah! life and its cruel ways.
    We can complain all we want but life will take it's own course so we better live Life to the fullest and always keep Loving.
    This world needs more love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is certainly unpredictable and sometime cruel.
    But it also gives you unexpected gifts from time to time...gifts worth giving up your soul for but actually free.
    Love and hope...keeps us going and never enough of it around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope.. Dats d word to keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete