Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ramblings


I was young once.
I had strength and passion.
I was innocent and trust came easy.
Friends I had many and cares none.
Sorrows were fleeting and laughter always won.
I was fearless and dreamt of touching the skies.
I thought I was free.

And then I grew up and all I can see now is walls.
There is a pool of emptiness inside.
I am blinded by experience and hardened by disappointment.
How I wish I could go back,
To those spring mornings
When the biggest worry was getting to school in time.
Dates were just numbers to cram up for an exam.

Now the war rages on within.
To love or to be loved. Is that even a question to ponder upon?
Oh to be young again and free
From the things that now make you less human but adult now they call you.

The irony of life.
To find a place in the world, you bid love farewell
But you realize on finding your place in the sun,
All you want was to be loved all along.
Content copyright Tetseos ©All rights reserved. Please do not use any images/content without prior permission.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is great. I read over the other posts, and your work is amazing. You are really talented.

    -The Anonymous Teenage Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous Teenage Blogger,
    Thank you for stopping by.
    Very encouraged by your words.
    Do visit again.

    ReplyDelete