Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dark heart


The rains are falling again
The mist has blinded my eyes
My heart is stilled by the emptiness
A hollow shell of dead dreams
Desolation reaches the depths of my soul
Pain is my constant companion and misery dogs my every step
Silence rings strange, pitter patter of my teardrops

Tonight the curtain falls
Sleep has fled from me
I cut my heart out and placed it on a platter
Now heartless and soulless I wander
I made my muddy bed and I have to lie in it
When will this night end?
Before I weep tears of blood
Give me my final redemption.

4 comments:

  1. Dark and painful.

    Very nice imagery created and makes the reader to soul-search and Very powerful lines to end it all.

    Enjoyed thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dark moment in my life it was when I penned these lines.

      Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
      Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Heart wrenching lines..so boldly spoken...i like your violent twist with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vezo :)
      Coming from you, I am touched. And emboldened.

      Delete