Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Nothing to forgive

You took away my dreams and filled them up with sand.
When I tried to hold on for dear life, they all slipped out of my grasp.
Am I destined to be alone? 
Gasping with the empty hole left behind?
I am tired beyond exhaustion but my heart refuses to forget.
What could have been if only you stay and make good your promises?
I cannot look at the moon without you in my head.
But you have clean forgotten all that I meant to you.
I know in my bones you made a decision.
To stop loving me or maybe you never loved at all.
And all I am left with are snatches of memory.
Memories I can’t even relive by sharing or flaunt.
What good is love that you can’t declare?
I thought it would be enough to know I am loved.
But now I know even that isn’t mine to boast.
You beg me for forgiveness.

If only sorry could make the pain go away,
I’d buy them by the dozens in store.


2 comments:

  1. Did you feel this emptiness under your feet when the wave retreats from the beach and leaves the sand wet and soft?
    Your tears have wet this sand which escaped from your dreams. Now the dreams will remain like this wet sand, waiting for the next wave that will bring a new hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The emptiness is gone, filled by purpose now thankfully.

      Delete