Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Melancholy



There you are, my constant companion.
I was beginning to wonder.
If you had left me too.

I am tired tonight.
My sagging spirits refuse to be lifted.
Unanswered calls.
I know the answer to that already.
Pick up the phone and tell me you still care.
Is this my destiny?
To wait into oblivion.

You steal away like the clouds on a sunny day.
I sit under a tree and trace the shadows of its leaves.
My life is spinning out of control.
Like fallen leaves tossed about by a broom.
And find their way to ashes.

All is lost. Meaningless.
We walk on.
With a weight on our hearts.
Melancholy, you are a dull companion.
Like a bag no one wants to carry.

2 comments:

  1. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete