Friday, November 4, 2011

Forgetting you.


Yesterday you called.
My heart beat faster to see your number
Flashing on my screen.
I smiled as I heard your voice.
But you sound like a stranger.
You are so careful and polite.
I weep inside to hear you so.
I steel myself and strengthen my resolve.
I don't need you any longer.
You can't hurt me again.

I tell you I don't care anymore.
That I am past all that.
But I long to hear you say something sweet.
And why do I check my phone every morning?
Just in case you dropped me a line.
Like you have never done.

No! I don't love you anymore.
And I could never be your friend.
But you have since become my shadow.
How do I get rid of you?


Oh dear Lord! Put me out of my misery.
Or wipe out my memory of him.
'Tis a tough habit to ditch.
Help me find my way back to happy days.
Back to when I could smile without pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment