Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gone




You said you were born to make me happy
That I was the answer to your prayers
All the lovely things you said
Filled me with hope for our forever
But suddenly all is gone
You have turned into a stranger
There is a huge wall up between us
I can't seem to break through
Try as I may, it's useless
I am all ears but you refuse to speak
How did this come about?
I never pretended to be perfect
Yes! I was lonely and angry
Now I am lost and broken
How could you do this to us?
Have you forgotten everything so fast?
Now you say you are not sure of yourself like before
I surely didn't see this coming
I guess it's time for me to shut down
You tell me not to be sad
But it kills me to know you're gone
I told myself I won't shed another tear
That I'm better off but it's all lies I tell myself
It's not helping much
Everyone says time will heal
And yeah in time the pain will subside
But for now I'll sing my sad songs
And after all is said and done
I know I'll find love again
One like never before
And it'll be sunny days once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment